Welcome to the Svendsen Tech Wiki.
It's about PowerShell, Perl, Python, Linux, Windows, technology, programming, system administration and that which seems relevant.
I feel a need to mention that this wiki has been a work in progress, and I've learned and picked up new things along the way. The early PowerShell articles don't always conform to my current preferred style, which is influenced heavily by the official guidelines. The style guidelines can be found here (I haven't read all of them yet). I am considering rewriting some of the code, but it's tedious and it should mostly be fine logically and functionally, so the motivation is somewhat lacking.
- Linux - I haven't been too kind to Tux yet. Not a lot of content.
- Windows (includes PowerShell articles)
- Microsoft Deployment Tools - Getting started on this topic.
- Python - Getting started on this topic.
If you find something here useful and want to reward my efforts, please consider donating a small amount. It's greatly appreciated even if it is done mostly as a gesture. Who am I kidding - you're not going to donate.
- PowerShell Regular Expressions - Examples and details on most use cases for regular expressions with .NET/PowerShell. It's a comprehensive article.
- A Module With SSH Cmdlets For PowerShell - Pretty cool stuff. Based on the SSH.NET library found on CodePlex. Connect to, execute commands against and collects results from multiple hosts via SSH, using this ready-made module.
- PowerShell foreach Loops And The ForEach-Object Cmdlet - Learn about foreach loops in PowerShell, and the ForEach-Object cmdlet used for pipeline processing.
- The PowerShell Where-Object cmdlet - Learn about PowerShell's Where-Object cmdlet.
- The PowerShell for loop - Learn about regular for loops in PowerShell.
- Check For Open TCP Ports Using PowerShell - Code example and a script for checking for open TCP ports with PowerShell.
- A Get-MountPointData cmdlet for PowerShell - Display used/free space on mount points using fairly robust logic, and it can also be used for regular disk drives (that's not the default behaviour).
- Microsoft Translator PowerShell module - Uses v2 of the MS Translator API. Translates text to and from all supported languages (dynamically retrieved list via API) as well as detecting text language.
- A Merge-Csv cmdlet - Combines CSV files or custom PowerShell objects based on one or more shared columns/headers/properties (an ID column - such as one containing usernames) and creates a joined version with all columns from all files. Some consistency checking and reporting is done.
- Get-WmiObject-Wrapper - A wrapper around Get-WmiObject that collects data from online servers/workstations and stores it in XML format. There's also a custom XML parser for generating CSV/other reports based on the XML schema Get-WmiObject-Wrapper uses. It's more useful than it sounds!
- PowerShell PsExec Wrapper - Wrapper for gathering output from PsExec run against multiple target computers. Data is stored as CSV or XML. Early project; could do with a rewrite.
- Get Folder Sizes with PowerShell, Blazingly Fast - Uses robocopy to avoid 260-character limit on path length seen with Get-ChildItem, and is also very fast.
- PowerShell Script For Finding Installed .NET Versions On Remote Workstations Or Servers - What the title says: a script for getting remote Windows hosts' .NET versions based on registry key lookups.
- PowerShell Benchmarking Module Built Around Measure-Command - When you want an easy-to-use interface to benchmarking multiple runs of code in script blocks you specify.
- Getting Computer Names From AD Using PowerShell - How to "dump" computers from Active Directory using Microsoft's AD cmdlets, DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher with LDAP/ADSI and Quest ActiveRoles' Get-QADComputer cmdlet.
- Getting Usernames From Active Directory With PowerShell - How to get a list of users from Active Directory using Microsoft's AD cmdlets, DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher/LDAP/ADSI and Quest ActiveRoles' Get-QADUser cmdlet.
- Find Out When Servers Or Workstations Were Last Patched With Windows Update - WSUS version (somewhat flawed), remote COM and local COM via PowerShell remoting.
- Active Directory Password Expiration Notification - A ready-made, generic, customizable PowerShell script for warning users via email before their AD user passwords expire. The style of the code is no longer preferred, but it does work fine.
- PowerShell ASCII Art Script - A PowerShell script to create ASCII art characters! Poor man's figlet.
- http://poshcode.org - PowerShell Script Repository (PowerShell's "CPAN"?)
- http://powershell.org - A PowerShell community site.
- http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/ - Technet Script Center Repository (Microsoft's "CPAN"?)
- http://www.cpan.org - CPAN, The Comprehensive Perl Archive Network - with about 100,000 already written modules
- http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/183.windows-powershell-survival-guide-en-us.aspx - Lots of PowerShell goodness.
- http://www.howtogeek.com/114344/5-cmdlets-to-get-you-started-with-powershell - 5 good PowerShell "beginner" cmdlets to start out with.
- http://richardspowershellblog.wordpress.com/ - Richard Siddaway's PowerShell blog.
- http://rkeithhill.wordpress.com/ - Keith Hill's PowerShell blog.
- http://huddledmasses.org/ - Joel Bennett's PowerShell and technology blog
- http://www.dougfinke.com/blog/ - PowerShell MVP Doug Finke's blog.
- http://www.indented.co.uk/index.php/category/powershell/ - Chris Denty's PowerShell blog.
- http://www.mwjcomputing.com/category/powershell/ - Matt Johnson's PowerShell blog.
- http://www.blkmtn.org/ - Steven Peck's website about PowerShell and other tech stuff.
- http://www.leeholmes.com/blog/ - PowerShell developer Lee Holmes' blog.
- http://jfrmilner.wordpress.com/ - John Milner's PowerShell/tech blog.
- http://www.reddit.com/r/PowerShell/ - The PowerShell thread on reddit.
- http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/powershell/ - Guy Thomas has tutorials and intros to PowerShell and material suited for beginners on this page.
- http://ramblingcookiemonster.wordpress.com/powershell-resources/ - "Rambling cookie monster"'s list of resources. Looks good.
- http://www.whatispowershell.com - A little intro site to PowerShell.
- http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powershell/ - MSDN PowerShell Blog
- http://powershell.com/cs/blogs/ebookv2/ - Tobias Weltner's free PowerShell ebook. Appropriate for beginners.
- http://www.hofferle.com/list-of-free-powershell-ebooks/ - A list of free PowerShell ebooks.
- http://j.mp/1kEBG3z - For beginners. Don Jones' "PowerShell in a month of lunches" book.
- http://j.mp/1i29RAh - Intermediate. PowerShell Toolmaking.
- http://www.manning.com/payette2/ - For experts. PowerShell in Action by Bruce Payette, a core PowerShell team member.
- http://j.mp/1dhUwXO - Doug Finke's PowerShell for Developers book.